2 posts • joined 9 Jul 2007
Venturer @ Asda?
I just saw the Venturer HD-DVD player plus 2 free discs at WalMart in Canada for $199.97. Surely they will appear at Asda soon for £149... though £99 would be a game changing price :-)
Regarding possible HD51 incompatibilities, I thought one of the reasons for the ethernet port on every HD DVD drive was for firmware updates?
I'm also on my third Xbox 360, but not for the red ring of death problem. That only appeared for the first time last month.
Outside of warranty and not prepared to pay $126 for what I believed to be a MSFT problem, I opened the box and fixed it myself... at least so far, so good (fingers crossed!)
Kudos to MSFT for extending the warranty, but I wonder if it will be extended to those of us who opened our Xbox 360s to fix the red ring of death problem? Somehow I doubt it :-(
- Just TWO climate committee MPs contradict IPCC: The two with SCIENCE degrees
- 14 antivirus apps found to have security problems
- Feature Scotland's BIG question: Will independence cost me my broadband?
- Apple winks at parents: C'mon, get your kid a tweaked Macbook Pro
- FTC to mobile carriers: If you could stop text scammers being jerks that'd be just great