2 posts • joined 9 Jul 2007
Venturer @ Asda?
I just saw the Venturer HD-DVD player plus 2 free discs at WalMart in Canada for $199.97. Surely they will appear at Asda soon for £149... though £99 would be a game changing price :-)
Regarding possible HD51 incompatibilities, I thought one of the reasons for the ethernet port on every HD DVD drive was for firmware updates?
I'm also on my third Xbox 360, but not for the red ring of death problem. That only appeared for the first time last month.
Outside of warranty and not prepared to pay $126 for what I believed to be a MSFT problem, I opened the box and fixed it myself... at least so far, so good (fingers crossed!)
Kudos to MSFT for extending the warranty, but I wonder if it will be extended to those of us who opened our Xbox 360s to fix the red ring of death problem? Somehow I doubt it :-(
- Product round-up Ten excellent FREE PC apps to brighten your Windows
- Review Tough Banana Pi: a Raspberry Pi for colour-blind diehards
- Product round-up Ten Mac freeware apps for your new Apple baby
- Analysis Pity the poor Windows developer: The tools for desktop development are in disarray
- Chromecast video on UK, Euro TVs hertz so badly it makes us judder – but Google 'won't fix'