2 posts • joined 25 Jul 2013
I'm all for automation, but...
...this is a "solution" to a problem which doesn't exist. I don't want my phone to boil the kettle or preheat the oven to gas mark 5 just because I pop into the kitchen to get a glass of water. I have my own device for that, it's called a brain. Maybe I'll try to patent it...
It's because the iPhone 4 and later have rear panels which are more slippery than a weasel on an ice-rink. When laid down on anything other than a perfectly horizontal surface, they're going bye-bye. My old iPhone 3GS's rear panel was much more abrasive which, while I'm sure had negative aerodynamic impact when running for the bus, at least meant that I could put it down without first checking the iSpritiLevel app.
- Leaked screenshots show next Windows kernel to be a perfect 10
- Amazon warming up 'cheapo web video' cannon to SINK Netflix
- Something for the Weekend, Sir? I need a password to BRAKE? What? No! STOP! Aaaargh!
- Episode 13 BOFH: WHERE did this 'fax-enabled' printer UPGRADE come from?
- Vulture at the Wheel Ford's B-Max: Fiesta-based runaround that goes THUNK