1 post • joined 17 Jul 2013
drobos actually do work fine
hi drobo's actually do work fine.
it's always a bit sad to hear if othes had some problems, but ive got 3 myself and they are great.
the original drobo units came down to about £300 with extras too but very hard to find now
try not to be put off by a tiny amout of negatives though, because all products by any maker can have some issues from time to time, and usually it's mainly the users experiencing problems (unfortunately) who make more effort to comment about their not-so-good experiences.
best results for drobos seem to be with the usb direct attached units (and windows) because apple o/s updates seem to keep breaking devices/drivers etc, but there are lots of happy mac users too.
more info: search for Raoul Pop (drobo reviews) and more pics/vids, and drobospace forums for comments, questions and answers etc, especially if you have one - were a good bunch at heart. :o)
- Apple stuns world with rare SEVEN-way split: What does that mean?
- Special report Reg probe bombshell: How we HACKED mobile voicemail without a PIN
- RIP net neutrality? FCC boss mulls 'two-speed internet'
- Sony Xperia Z2: 4K vid, great audio, waterproof ... Oh, and you can make a phone call
- Pic Tooled-up Ryobi girl takes nine-inch grinder to Asus beach babe