1 post • joined 10 Jul 2013
EC2 / Amazon have done a great favor to the small enterprises, start ups and micro companies. EC2 may have limitations but it makes economic sense. For old school guys with rigid single server implementations it may be a pain, but if you are looking at distributed computing and dialing up instances from code , it is a charm. EC2 and similar virtual cloud instances do require a new thinking. If you are thinking of porting an existing server and all it software to a virtual instance - rethink. If you can divide your software to run on 2 or more instances and make bottlenecks of your software run on an elastic EC2 instances the you will see the advantages.
- Mounties always get their man: Heartbleed 'hacker', 19, CUFFED
- Samsung Galaxy S5 fingerprint scanner hacked in just 4 DAYS
- Feast your PUNY eyes on highest resolution phone display EVER
- Analysis Oh no, Joe: WinPhone users already griping over 8.1 mega-update
- AMD demos 'Berlin' Opteron, world's first heterogeneous system architecture server chip