1 post • joined 9 Jul 2013
If this is the feature that was removed around version 9, it's not really a big deal.
With console access to a node from the default login menu you could hold down shift and type LHN to bring up a support menu.
From this menu you could select that you required a support shell, a one time challenge is displayed on the screen and HP have a response generator.
No hidden account, no default system password, just a pretty secure manner to serve a customer need.
- Hi-torque tank engines: EXTREME car hacking with The Register
- Review What's MISSING on Amazon Fire Phone... and why it WON'T set the world alight
- Product round-up Trousers down for six of the best affordable Androids
- Antique Code Show World of Warcraft then and now: From Orcs and Humans to Warlords of Draenor
- Why did it take antivirus giants YEARS to drill into super-scary Regin? Symantec responds...