1 post • joined 6 Jul 2013
Let's not forget that PCIe is already well on its way to 12 GB/s. LSI is sampling several versions already. Only problem is it requires PCIe 3.0 (or subsequent) PCIe-lane equipped motherboards / server boards to achieve that bandwidth. This means that the price-of-entry would initially have to include new boards in addition to the cards. Great in the long-term, wallet-painful in the short-term.
- Updated Zucker punched: Google gobbles Facebook-wooed Titan Aerospace
- Elon Musk's LEAKY THRUSTER gas stalls Space Station supply run
- Windows 8.1, which you probably haven't upgraded to yet, ALREADY OBSOLETE
- Mounties always get their man: Heartbleed 'hacker', 19, CUFFED
- Android engineer: We DIDN'T copy Apple OR follow Samsung's orders