1 post • joined 28 Jun 2013
This work was done at NCSU, not Google
The AGILE paper describes a research project that was done at North Carolina State University, not at Google. My NCSU colleagues deserve all the credit for developing the algorithm and evaluating it; I only assisted with writing the paper.
The AGILE software has never been run at Google. The research used publicly-available trace data from a Google compute cluster (see http://googleresearch.blogspot.com/2011/11/more-google-cluster-data.html for more information, or search for [more google cluster data]). There is no connection between AGILE and the CPI^2 infrastructure.
FYI, the definitive version of the paper appears in the ICAC proceedings: https://www.usenix.org/conference/icac13/agile-elastic-distributed-resource-scaling-infrastructure-service
- Updated Zucker punched: Google gobbles Facebook-wooed Titan Aerospace
- Elon Musk's LEAKY THRUSTER gas stalls Space Station supply run
- Windows 8.1, which you probably haven't upgraded to yet, ALREADY OBSOLETE
- Mounties always get their man: Heartbleed 'hacker', 19, CUFFED
- Android engineer: We DIDN'T copy Apple OR follow Samsung's orders