1 post • joined 28 Jun 2013
This work was done at NCSU, not Google
The AGILE paper describes a research project that was done at North Carolina State University, not at Google. My NCSU colleagues deserve all the credit for developing the algorithm and evaluating it; I only assisted with writing the paper.
The AGILE software has never been run at Google. The research used publicly-available trace data from a Google compute cluster (see http://googleresearch.blogspot.com/2011/11/more-google-cluster-data.html for more information, or search for [more google cluster data]). There is no connection between AGILE and the CPI^2 infrastructure.
FYI, the definitive version of the paper appears in the ICAC proceedings: https://www.usenix.org/conference/icac13/agile-elastic-distributed-resource-scaling-infrastructure-service
- Top Gear Tigers and Bingo Boilers: Farewell then, Phones4U
- Breaking Fad 4K-ing excellent TV is on its way ... in its own sweet time, natch
- First Irish boy band U2. Now Apple pushes ANOTHER thing into iPhones, iPods, iPads
- Updated iOS 8 Healthkit gets a bug SO Apple KILLS it. That's real healthcare!
- Stephen Pie iPhone 6: Most exquisite MOBILE? NO, it's the Most Exquisite THING. EVER