1 post • joined 28 Jun 2013
This work was done at NCSU, not Google
The AGILE paper describes a research project that was done at North Carolina State University, not at Google. My NCSU colleagues deserve all the credit for developing the algorithm and evaluating it; I only assisted with writing the paper.
The AGILE software has never been run at Google. The research used publicly-available trace data from a Google compute cluster (see http://googleresearch.blogspot.com/2011/11/more-google-cluster-data.html for more information, or search for [more google cluster data]). There is no connection between AGILE and the CPI^2 infrastructure.
FYI, the definitive version of the paper appears in the ICAC proceedings: https://www.usenix.org/conference/icac13/agile-elastic-distributed-resource-scaling-infrastructure-service
- Product round-up Six of the best gaming keyboard and mouse combos
- LinuxCon 2014 GitHub.io killed the distro star: Why are people so bored with the top Linux makers?
- Boffins attempt to prove the UNIVERSE IS JUST A HOLOGRAM
- China building SUPERSONIC SUBMARINE that travels in a BUBBLE
- Review Raspberry Pi B+: PHWOAR, get a load of those pins