1 post • joined 28 Jun 2013
This work was done at NCSU, not Google
The AGILE paper describes a research project that was done at North Carolina State University, not at Google. My NCSU colleagues deserve all the credit for developing the algorithm and evaluating it; I only assisted with writing the paper.
The AGILE software has never been run at Google. The research used publicly-available trace data from a Google compute cluster (see http://googleresearch.blogspot.com/2011/11/more-google-cluster-data.html for more information, or search for [more google cluster data]). There is no connection between AGILE and the CPI^2 infrastructure.
FYI, the definitive version of the paper appears in the ICAC proceedings: https://www.usenix.org/conference/icac13/agile-elastic-distributed-resource-scaling-infrastructure-service
- Twitter: La la la, we have not heard of any NUDE JLaw, Upton SELFIES
- China: You, Microsoft. Office-Windows 'compatibility'. You have 20 days to explain
- Is that a 64-bit ARM Warrior in your pocket? No, it's MIPS64
- Apple to devs: NO slurping users' HEALTH for sale to Dark Powers
- Apple 'fesses up: Rejected from the App Store, dev? THIS is why