2 posts • joined 6 Jun 2013
Re: Pink Slips?
IBM is a Yank company. Ergo, the appropriate term is the Yank term.
When we talk F1, we'll use the term "Tyres" even though we know not "y" here in the 'States.
Re: This is also why vmware is dead, dead, dead
No, VMWare is dead 'cause you can do most of what VMWare does with other software. Novell at least made tons of money from proprietary software before MS bought their customer base away from them (okay, in addition to the world's worst marketing).
Most companies / governments have no intention of doing more "cloud storage" than email and offsite backup. The companies that might try cloud storage are those who use a NAS device now -- but IBM doesn't do small businesses, nor accounts that bill less that $1 million a year.
- 'Windows 9' LEAK: Microsoft's playing catchup with Linux
- Infosec geniuses hack a Canon PRINTER and install DOOM
- Game Theory Half a BILLION in the making: Bungie's Destiny reviewed
- Review A SCORCHIO fatboy SSD: Samsung SSD850 PRO 3D V-NAND
- Was Earth once covered in HELLFIRE? No – more like a wet Sunday night in Iceland