2 posts • joined 6 Jun 2013
Re: Pink Slips?
IBM is a Yank company. Ergo, the appropriate term is the Yank term.
When we talk F1, we'll use the term "Tyres" even though we know not "y" here in the 'States.
Re: This is also why vmware is dead, dead, dead
No, VMWare is dead 'cause you can do most of what VMWare does with other software. Novell at least made tons of money from proprietary software before MS bought their customer base away from them (okay, in addition to the world's worst marketing).
Most companies / governments have no intention of doing more "cloud storage" than email and offsite backup. The companies that might try cloud storage are those who use a NAS device now -- but IBM doesn't do small businesses, nor accounts that bill less that $1 million a year.
- Review Is it an iPad? Is it a MacBook Air? No, it's a Surface Pro 3
- Microsoft refuses to nip 'Windows 9' unzip lip slip
- Tesla: YES – We'll build a network of free Superchargers in Oz
- True fact: 1 in 4 Brits are now TERRORISTS
- US Copyright Office rules that monkeys CAN'T claim copyright over their selfies