3 posts • joined Tuesday 21st May 2013 08:49 GMT
Re: active vs passive brewing
I think someone a while back determined that 2 minutes was the optimum brewing time, then the teabag should be removed to prevent stewing. Which sounds about right. The amount of stirring was not specified though. Personally I'm a stirrer. (a) I'm impatient and (b) this produces a nice strong flavoursome cup but without the "stewed tannin" factor.
Re: No point in starting this yet
For all biscuit-related matters (but not, oddly enough, tea) may I refer you to the authoratative site http://www.nicecupofteaandasitdown.com/. Many a time I have been guided by the wisdom of their "biscuit of the week".
This new version is of no use whatsoever to serious photographers. Mayer has completely ruined it. The aim is to tempt mobile phone cam / app users with lots of free space and an app that's 5 years too late, and then fire ads at them. It won't work. They already have facebook for that. What it has done is alienate every serious photographer, who were the lifeblood of flickr and who do not want their images displayed on a sub-facebook-wall. Great move, Mayer. It's useless to me now so subs cancelled and I'm off to Zenfolio/Smugmug.
- Mexican Cobalt-60 robbers are DEAD MEN, say authorities
- Apple's spamtastic iBeacon retail alerts launch with Frisco FAIL
- Submerged Navy submarine successfully launches drone from missile tubes
- Apple sends in the bulldozers as Fruit Loop construction begins
- Pix Astroboffins spot HOT, YOUNG GIANT where she doesn't belong