5 posts • joined 17 May 2013
Not quite that expensive
"setting you back at least $23,000 per Oracle SPARC processor it's installed on, we've heard"
Based on the price list here:
it's $23,000 per Processor. But most SPARC processors use a factor of 0.5, so it'll only be $11,500...
DoD wiping ?
There's no approved DoD mechanism to wipe drives that have held Top Secret information.
Physical destruction is the only way...
Are you sure...?
If you read through the linked articles, there's no such mention of a 2015 "death" date.
OK, so they're not going to port to the latest Itanium processor, but it reads to me as though OpenVMS is going to be around and supported for many years yet...
1TiB = 1024 GiB
1TB = 1000 GB
I think this dictionary definition sums cloud up quite nicely:
"anything that obscures or darkens something, or causes gloom, trouble, suspicion, disgrace, etc."
- Review This is why we CAN have nice things: Samsung Galaxy Alpha
- Hey, YouTube lovers! How about you pay us, we start paying for STUFF? - Google
- MEN: For pity's sake SLEEP with LOTS of WOMEN - and avoid Prostate Cancer
- Ex-Soviet engines fingered after Antares ROCKET launch BLAST
- Vid BONFIRE of the MEGA-BUCKS: $200m+ BURNED in SECONDS in Antares launch blast