1 post • joined 8 May 2013
Forgive my ignorance on DNS - why doesn't DNS caching stop the removal of nameservers from having an effect? Surely other servers/browsers/whatever would still be caching the IPs, at least for a time?
Or is it that Syria instructs everyone to remove it's entries, so all the servers follow protocol and do so?
Paris, because she knows all about going down
- iPad? More like iFAD: This is why Apple ran off to IBM
- +Analysis Microsoft: We're making ONE TRUE WINDOWS to rule us all
- Climate: 'An excuse for tax hikes', scientists 'don't know what they're talking about'
- Analysis Nadella: Apps must run on ALL WINDOWS – PCs, slabs and mobes
- Major problems beset UK ISP filth filters: But it's OK, nobody uses them