3 posts • joined 3 May 2013
Everything is negotiable
As is his exit.
Considering the manner of his exit it's hard to imagine him being able to or being allowed to continue effectively as a productive board member.
Without an acceptable golden parachute he may be waiting for an offer of acceptable renumeration. Holding onto his board seat is probably the only chip he has at this point (the other being an extended non-compete).
What about the already ditched rust option?
All-flash dropped below enterprise "rust" prices last year .... I took note.
What's next? Memrister and racetrack?
What a misleading article.
I can appreciate SaaS -- but this company isn't the disruptive entrant into ERP it's spun as. Compared to salesforce? I can get on the Benioff CRM bandwagon for $65/month/user. Despite being an order of magnitude more economical than Oracle's eBusiness Suite -- NetSuite still smells like Ellison.
While the article in two places seemed to indicate they'd tackle $5k deals -- NetSuite sales told me (in kind enough words) to take a hike unless I have $60,000 to spend in year 1.
Paid Ad? Maybe Nelson meant it's $5,000/hr to get him on the phone.
This is less a critique of NetSuite and moreso the article's spin-factor.
- Stick a 4K in them: Super high-res TVs are DONE
- BEST BATTERY EVER: All lithium, all the time, plus a dash of carbon nano-stuff
- Review You didn't get the MeMO? Asus Pad 7 Android tab is ... not bad
- DINOSAUR SLAYER asteroid strike was DEVILISHLY inconvenient timing
- Russia: There is a SPACECRAFT full of LIZARDS in orbit above Earth and WE control it