3 posts • joined 30 Apr 2013
Inconsistency in European policy
Eurocrats have banned "grey market goods" or goods that sell lower in one market being exported to another. I believe levi jeans were the classic case back in the 90's.
In the 2000's they have moved on to services but with a reverse policy stance "we all should pay the same" with mobile phone providers the poster child for bad practice.
Any other bureaucracy would be embarrassed by the double standard.
A matter of trust.
Although some random checks are proportionate if you are doing this on a systematic basis you have to ask Apple:
"Why do you employ staff that are untrustworthy?"
"If you consider your staff are untrustworthy why should your customers trust them?"
Most SMEs dont have dedicated resources for anything (payroll, employment law, purchasing,)The real dissapointment is how few commodity service provider (cloud, ASPs etc) make any real policies or service levels around security either.
But I doubt IET will take on the provider community.
- iPad? More like iFAD: We reveal why Apple ran off to IBM
- +Analysis Microsoft: We're making ONE TRUE WINDOWS to rule us all
- Climate: 'An excuse for tax hikes', scientists 'don't know what they're talking about'
- Analysis Nadella: Apps must run on ALL WINDOWS – PCs, slabs and mobes
- Apple: We'll unleash OS X Yosemite beta on the MASSES July 24