2 posts • joined 23 Apr 2013
Moving to SAS MLC Flash enabled us to use 8 SAS bays vs. using one or two PCIe slots per Node. This is one of the primary drivers of our performance (IOPS & Throughput) improvement and cost reduction: improved density per node. There were other optimizations to enable the same cause.
We offer a 7 YEAR flash endurance warranty (i.e. we will replace the SSD for free if it wears out -- and the replacement process involves no downtime of course).
We can provide this warranty because we have superior parallelization of I/O and a true scale out architecture which spreads the data and metadata across all the nodes -- based on our burn-in testing, we will not wear out the SSD during that period, even under heavy load.
7 Years is a long time in the IT world -- it should in practice cover the lifetime of the system. So Kaminario is not just fast but has great endurance for a large breadth of workload profiles (OLTP, Analytics, Virtualized database/applications and Virtual desktops)
- +Comment Trips to Mars may be OFF: The SUN has changed in a way we've NEVER SEEN
- OnePlus One cut-price Android phone on sale to all... for 1 HOUR
- MARS NEEDS WOMEN, claims NASA pseudo 'naut: They eat less
- Back to the ... drawing board: 'Hoverboard' will disappoint Marty McFly wannabes
- Vid Google opens new Inbox – email for people too dumb to use email