2 posts • joined 23 Apr 2013
Moving to SAS MLC Flash enabled us to use 8 SAS bays vs. using one or two PCIe slots per Node. This is one of the primary drivers of our performance (IOPS & Throughput) improvement and cost reduction: improved density per node. There were other optimizations to enable the same cause.
We offer a 7 YEAR flash endurance warranty (i.e. we will replace the SSD for free if it wears out -- and the replacement process involves no downtime of course).
We can provide this warranty because we have superior parallelization of I/O and a true scale out architecture which spreads the data and metadata across all the nodes -- based on our burn-in testing, we will not wear out the SSD during that period, even under heavy load.
7 Years is a long time in the IT world -- it should in practice cover the lifetime of the system. So Kaminario is not just fast but has great endurance for a large breadth of workload profiles (OLTP, Analytics, Virtualized database/applications and Virtual desktops)
- NASA boffin: RIDDLE of odd BULGE FOUND on MOON is SOLVED
- SOULLESS machine-intelligence ROBOT cars to hit Blighty in 2015
- BuzzGasm! Thirteen Astonishing True Facts You Never Knew About SCREWS
- Worstall on Wednesday YES, iPhones ARE getting slower with each new release of iOS
- Microsoft's Euro cloud darkens: Redmond must let feds into foreign servers