2 posts • joined 22 Apr 2013
Re: smoke and mirror
I work for IBM STG in RTP, NC. I have to provide all of my own office supplies - pens, pencils, paper, white board markers, you name it. I only have a monitor on my desk for my laptop b/c I snagged it from someone who left the company.
I have a friend that moved from STG to SWG, and she told me that there are office supplies available there. So, preferential treatment for the money makers. It also shows in our offices...SWG has clean, modern facilities. STG is in dirty, cockroach-ridden buildings, with System x in the worst of the worst. I second the comment above about the desk chairs, etc. It is shameful.
Re: Not happy about that, but I guess it was inevitable.
Lenovo semi-recently announced that they are expanding their server HW presence in NC, including bringing some manufacturing over from China. Coincidence?
- Bugger the jetpack, where's my 21st-century Psion?
- Something for the Weekend, Sir? Why can’t I walk past Maplin without buying stuff I don’t need?
- Review 'Mommy got me an UltraVibe Pleasure 2000 for Xmas!' South Park: Stick of Truth
- The land of Milk and Sammy: Free music app touted by Samsung
- Privacy warriors lob sueball at Facebook buyout of WhatsApp