1 post • joined 28 Mar 2013
How is this lock-in? AWS is using a common third party hardware device and the third party APIs. The AWS hosted HSMs can replicate the keys to on-premise HSMs - easy to export your keys back out of AWS. That seems to be the definition of Open, not Lock In.
VPC is simply a virtual networking environment. The HSM has an IP address on the network - applications address the HSM via IP address or DNS Hostname. Open industry standards. Not seeing how this is lock in.
- iPad? More like iFAD: We reveal why Apple ran off to IBM
- +Analysis Microsoft: We're making ONE TRUE WINDOWS to rule us all
- Climate: 'An excuse for tax hikes', scientists 'don't know what they're talking about'
- Analysis Nadella: Apps must run on ALL WINDOWS – PCs, slabs and mobes
- Apple: We'll unleash OS X Yosemite beta on the MASSES July 24