1 post • joined 28 Mar 2013
How is this lock-in? AWS is using a common third party hardware device and the third party APIs. The AWS hosted HSMs can replicate the keys to on-premise HSMs - easy to export your keys back out of AWS. That seems to be the definition of Open, not Lock In.
VPC is simply a virtual networking environment. The HSM has an IP address on the network - applications address the HSM via IP address or DNS Hostname. Open industry standards. Not seeing how this is lock in.
- Product round-up Coming clean: Ten cordless vacuum cleaners
- Worstall @ the Weekend BIG FAT Lies: Porky Pies about obesity
- 'Snoopers' Charter IS DEAD', Lib Dems claim as party waves through IP address-matching
- 'New Stuxnet': Government-grade SOFTWARE WEAPON 'Regin' described
- The next big thing in medical science: POO TRANSPLANTS