1 post • joined Thursday 14th March 2013 10:16 GMT
vRAM discontinued for v. 5.0 as well
[disclaimer - I work at VMware]
"If you have vSphere 5.0, then this is the correct path for you. The biggest upgrade 5.1 offered over 5.0 was banishment of the accursed vTax. If you already bought in to 5.0, you've already paid it, if it were to affect you. "
Do note that you don't need to upgrade to use the new licensing model. As of august 2012, vRAM was discontinued, even for users still on 5.0.
- World's OLDEST human DNA found in leg bone – but that's not the only boning going on...
- Lightning strikes USB bosses: Next-gen jacks will be REVERSIBLE
- Pics Brit inventors' GRAVITY POWERED LIGHT ships out after just 1 year
- Storagebod Oh no, RBS has gone titsup again... but is it JUST BAD LUCK?
- Microsoft teams up with Feds, Interpol in ZeroAccess botnet zombie hunt