6 posts • joined Tuesday 12th March 2013 22:00 GMT
VDI Pis a poor solution
One of its many failings is that it needs a lot if disk to make the user experience acceptable. This very expensive disk has made disk manufacturers excited. It really hasn't helped with the financials of VDI vs fat desktop.
VDI - a solution waiting for a problem.
VDI sucks at the best if times
This trend for virtual desktops, please let it stop. What is wrong with server based computing?
And I thought they had 100% uptime, at least that's what the sales guy said?
Re: "building your own cloud".
Yep that's exactly what cloud means these days. It means that virtual environment you have running downstairs in the basement.
Oh but it's got be agile...... It's just a marketing word I tend to ignore any idiot that uses it.
I remember living in a house in Africa where we had a steam powered generator because the power from the centralised network kept failing all the time. I hope they don't move the cloud to Africa... Or for that matter rely on BTs network to connect us to the cloud.
The good thing about 2000v cable is, people are less likely to mess with it.
Re: Profile Driven Storage
I see you point TP I guess I was trying t say that VIrtual Center backs on to A.D. As well (well it always used to) and it always used to work like a charm so what is SSO giving me. It seems like another layer for no reason.
I imagine VMware perhaps want independence from Microsoft, or maybe they are looking to raise the profile of some other software that happens to be owned by their big brother.
- Xmas Round-up Ten top tech toys to interface with a techie’s Christmas stocking
- Xmas Round-up Ghosts of Christmas Past: Ten tech treats from yesteryear
- Google embiggens its fat vid pipe Chromecast with TEN new supported apps
- Exploits no more! Firefox 26 blocks all Java plugins by default
- Review Hey Linux newbie: If you've never had a taste, try perfect Petra ... mmm, smells like Mint 16