1 post • joined 8 Mar 2013
Are Rackspace Following Starbucks
An interesting article. It talks about Amazon and reduced prices. Are these reduced prices possible because Rackspace is attempting to avoid UK company taxes on its cloud business?
Rackspace has changed its UK billing from 1st February 2013 for cloud services, to their operation located in Switzerland. This sounds a little like the Starbucks story. Amazon too have of course been accused of immoral tax arrangements.
If all companies who provide services in the UK take the money abroad, there will be no UK economy. The trade deficit will continue to get worse and everyone in the UK will suffer.
I have boycotted Amazon, I have boycotted Starbucks. Is it time to boycott Rackspace too?
- Product round-up Ten excellent FREE PC apps to brighten your Windows
- Hi-torque tank engines: EXTREME car hacking with The Register
- Review What's MISSING on Amazon Fire Phone... and why it WON'T set the world alight
- Product round-up Trousers down for six of the best affordable Androids
- Chromecast video on UK, Euro TVs hertz so badly it makes us judder – but Google 'won't fix'