1 post • joined 8 Mar 2013
Are Rackspace Following Starbucks
An interesting article. It talks about Amazon and reduced prices. Are these reduced prices possible because Rackspace is attempting to avoid UK company taxes on its cloud business?
Rackspace has changed its UK billing from 1st February 2013 for cloud services, to their operation located in Switzerland. This sounds a little like the Starbucks story. Amazon too have of course been accused of immoral tax arrangements.
If all companies who provide services in the UK take the money abroad, there will be no UK economy. The trade deficit will continue to get worse and everyone in the UK will suffer.
I have boycotted Amazon, I have boycotted Starbucks. Is it time to boycott Rackspace too?
- Fee fie Firefox: Mozilla's lawyers probe Dell over browser install charge
- 20 Freescale staff on vanished Malaysia Airlines flight MH370
- Neil Young touts MP3 player that's no Piece of Crap
- Review Distro diaspora: Four flavours of Ubuntu unpacked
- Sysadmins and devs: Do these job descriptions make any sense?