1 post • joined 8 Mar 2013
Are Rackspace Following Starbucks
An interesting article. It talks about Amazon and reduced prices. Are these reduced prices possible because Rackspace is attempting to avoid UK company taxes on its cloud business?
Rackspace has changed its UK billing from 1st February 2013 for cloud services, to their operation located in Switzerland. This sounds a little like the Starbucks story. Amazon too have of course been accused of immoral tax arrangements.
If all companies who provide services in the UK take the money abroad, there will be no UK economy. The trade deficit will continue to get worse and everyone in the UK will suffer.
I have boycotted Amazon, I have boycotted Starbucks. Is it time to boycott Rackspace too?
- Tricked by satire? Get all your news from Facebook? You're in luck, dummy
- Feature TV transport tech, part 1: From server to sofa at the touch of a button
- Google straps on Jetpac: An app to find hipsters, women in foreign cities
- Updated Microsoft Azure goes TITSUP (Total Inability To Support Usual Performance)
- The Return of BSOD: Does ANYONE trust Microsoft patches?