3 posts • joined 6 Mar 2013
1. No standard - er, CDMI?
Re: Nice advertisement.
Well, if you get some benefit from discovering a product that has worked well for me then I guess this was a useful "advert", otherwise I'm happy to hear your systems are running well! You'd be my ideal customer as it sounds like you are in a position whereby you can focus on developing new technology to answer new problems rather than having to fire fight the faults and issues that blight quite a number of your peers (including the ones are are doing rocket science).
Re: Filthy Lucre?
You spotted the pun in the name!
I've been a user of many different vendors and settled primarily (but not exclusively) on NetApp largely due to the management capabilities with the APIs. I'm not a big fan of most vendors management tools due to the reasons I mention in the article. They are product development and testing driven rather than customer driven and as you point out, they should be the ultimate guidance in how the tool should work.
My approach is usually to use the statements from the marketing "engineers" as a challenge but a sensible qualification and test process is a must.
The idea of customer focused development is what has pushed Lucr to attempt the project I described here so any feedback and requests would be really useful!
- Asteroid's DINO KILLING SPREE just bad luck – boffins
- Just TWO climate committee MPs contradict IPCC: The two with SCIENCE degrees
- BEST BATTERY EVER: All lithium, all the time, plus a dash of carbon nano-stuff
- Stick a 4K in them: Super high-res TVs are DONE
- Review You didn't get the MeMO? Asus Pad 7 Android tab is ... not bad