1 post • joined 20 Feb 2013
Mann from heaven for Empty Suits
"Big Data" is a buzz phrase much loved by Empty Suits. I work in pharma and our IT departments have suffered major Empty Suit infestation. "Big Data" has now replaced "Cloud Computing" as the latest bandwagon for such empty suits to pile onto in the hope of career advancement. One could also add another current buzz phrase: "Data Scientist", many of those who like to bandy this one around know little about data and even less about science. Having said all the above, "Big Data" is important, much too important to be left to gasbags!
- +Comment Trips to Mars may be OFF: The SUN has changed in a way we've NEVER SEEN
- OnePlus One cut-price Android phone on sale to all... for 1 HOUR
- MARS NEEDS WOMEN, claims NASA pseudo 'naut: They eat less
- UNIX greybeards threaten Debian fork over systemd plan
- Back to the ... drawing board: 'Hoverboard' will disappoint Marty McFly wannabes