2 posts • joined 15 Feb 2013
Re: Yes the IPv4 space is running on vapour.
The donor of the /24 is an ISP. it is one of their unused blocks which will be consumed most likely in the next 6 months. It doesnt actually use the IPs, it just uses the reverse DNS records.
ISP's get a /20 at a time (16 /24's) and there are times when some are not used.
A few corrections
Hello; I am Ryan Werber the author of the traceroute.
If you use tracert -h 100 220.127.116.11 on windows, you will get the full result. On linux, its traceroute -m 100 18.104.22.168. Macs do not need any extra parameters.
The IP is still blocked from a few ISPs because of the massive Denial of Service attack that was launched on the IP address on Sunday afternoon which forced it down. You can read more about it at my website
- Mounties always get their man: Heartbleed 'hacker', 19, CUFFED
- Batten down the hatches, Ubuntu 14.04 LTS due in TWO DAYS
- Samsung Galaxy S5 fingerprint scanner hacked in just 4 DAYS
- Feast your PUNY eyes on highest resolution phone display EVER
- AMD demos 'Berlin' Opteron, world's first heterogeneous system architecture server chip