2 posts • joined Friday 15th February 2013 02:22 GMT
Re: Yes the IPv4 space is running on vapour.
The donor of the /24 is an ISP. it is one of their unused blocks which will be consumed most likely in the next 6 months. It doesnt actually use the IPs, it just uses the reverse DNS records.
ISP's get a /20 at a time (16 /24's) and there are times when some are not used.
A few corrections
Hello; I am Ryan Werber the author of the traceroute.
If you use tracert -h 100 188.8.131.52 on windows, you will get the full result. On linux, its traceroute -m 100 184.108.40.206. Macs do not need any extra parameters.
The IP is still blocked from a few ISPs because of the massive Denial of Service attack that was launched on the IP address on Sunday afternoon which forced it down. You can read more about it at my website
- Xmas Round-up Ten top tech toys to interface with a techie’s Christmas stocking
- Xmas Round-up Ghosts of Christmas Past: Ten tech treats from yesteryear
- Review Hey Linux newbie: If you've never had a taste, try perfect Petra ... mmm, smells like Mint 16
- Analysis Microsoft's licence riddles give Linux and pals a free ride to virtual domination
- NSFW Oz couple get jiggy in pharmacy in 'banned' condom ad