1 post • joined 5 Feb 2013
Re: Genuine question
The thing is, ARM with all its customers (the ARM ecosystem) is much bigger than Intel in terms of R&D, chip fabs, design capacity, you name it. The ARM ecosystem gets to amortise its design costs across everyone participating (for which ARM takes a small cut). Intel must meet all its development costs from only its own sales.
- Does Apple's iOS 7 make you physically SICK? Try swallowing version 7.1
- Fee fie Firefox: Mozilla's lawyers probe Dell over browser install charge
- Pics Indestructible Death Stars blow up planets with glowing KILL RAY
- Video Snowden: You can't trust SPOOKS with your DATA
- Review Distro diaspora: Four flavours of Ubuntu unpacked