1 post • joined 5 Feb 2013
Re: Genuine question
The thing is, ARM with all its customers (the ARM ecosystem) is much bigger than Intel in terms of R&D, chip fabs, design capacity, you name it. The ARM ecosystem gets to amortise its design costs across everyone participating (for which ARM takes a small cut). Intel must meet all its development costs from only its own sales.
- Vid Google opens Inbox – email for people too thick to handle email
- RUMPY PUMPY: Bone says humans BONED Neanderthals 50,000 years B.C.
- Pic Forget the $2499 5K iMac – today we reveal Apple's most expensive computer to date
- Geek's Guide to Britain Kingston's aviation empire: From industry firsts to Airfix heroes
- Is your home or office internet gateway one of '1.2 MILLION' wide open to hijacking?