1 post • joined 5 Feb 2013
Re: Genuine question
The thing is, ARM with all its customers (the ARM ecosystem) is much bigger than Intel in terms of R&D, chip fabs, design capacity, you name it. The ARM ecosystem gets to amortise its design costs across everyone participating (for which ARM takes a small cut). Intel must meet all its development costs from only its own sales.
- iPad? More like iFAD: This is why Apple ran off to IBM
- +Analysis Microsoft: We're making ONE TRUE WINDOWS to rule us all
- Climate: 'An excuse for tax hikes', scientists 'don't know what they're talking about'
- Analysis Nadella: Apps must run on ALL WINDOWS – PCs, slabs and mobes
- Major problems beset UK ISP filth filters: But it's OK, nobody uses them