2 posts • joined Wednesday 30th January 2013 19:36 GMT
Swift cores on 22nm tri-gate anyone?
If Apple could get Intel to produce it's Swift core ARM chips on Intel's latest and greatest 22nm (future 14nm) tri-gate technology, it would give the company a huge leap ahead of the current competitors using 28nm ARM A15 cores that are quite hungry and expensive.
I feel that this would take a LOT for Intel to produce anything other x86 based chips but, you know what? The fat lady did sing: Apple moved from Power PC to Intel... Stranger things can happen!
One Word: Cloud
Are you all living in the stone ages? ;) Google Drive, Dropbox, iCloud, to name a few are all options for storing one's files offline.
- Geek's Guide to Britain INSIDE GCHQ: Welcome to Cheltenham's cottage industry
- Game Theory Is the next-gen console war already One?
- Analysis Spam and the Byzantine Empire: How Bitcoin tech REALLY works
- 'Catastrophic failure' of 3D-printed gun in Oz Police test
- VIDEO Herschel Space Observatory spots galaxies merging