4 posts • joined 29 Jan 2013
Re: @Darling Petunia
'Logically you'd put a production plant somewhere with high tech manufacturing skills and lower labour costs, and ideally somewhere close to your major markets. That means Asia'
Um...Israel *has* a good deal of high tech manufacturing skills and lower labour costs. Plus the last time I looked at a map, the Middle East is at the join of Europe, Africa and ... Asia.
*Actual* computer science, rather than fluff
I think what the prime minister means is that students can currently choose to study 'IT' or 'Computer Science'. 'Computer Science' means coding and other useful things, 'IT' means learning what a barcode signifies and how to set a page break in Microsoft Word.
The Doctor ... of whiff waff
You want The Doctor to be someone who is very intelligent but with a good degree of eccentiricity and a fairly odd look.
I vote Boris Johnson.
Failing that, Eddie Izzard, John McAffee or Milton Jones would all make fine choices.
1. You're travelling on the London Underground and a man you've never met before sits down next to you. What do you say to him?
2. You're travelling on a bus and a group of youths board the bus and proceed to play very loud music from their mobile telephones. What do you say to them?
3. You've just entered a large building with a friend and are having a conversation with your friend while you both wait for the lift. What will you talk about when you actually get in the lift?
Answers on the back of a postcard (and if you don't know what one of those is, you've definitely failed)
- Apple stuns world with rare SEVEN-way split: What does that mean?
- Special report Reg probe bombshell: How we HACKED mobile voicemail without a PIN
- RIP net neutrality? FCC boss mulls 'two-speed internet'
- Sony Xperia Z2: 4K vid, great audio, waterproof ... Oh, and you can make a phone call
- Pic Tooled-up Ryobi girl takes nine-inch grinder to Asus beach babe