4 posts • joined 29 Jan 2013
Re: @Darling Petunia
'Logically you'd put a production plant somewhere with high tech manufacturing skills and lower labour costs, and ideally somewhere close to your major markets. That means Asia'
Um...Israel *has* a good deal of high tech manufacturing skills and lower labour costs. Plus the last time I looked at a map, the Middle East is at the join of Europe, Africa and ... Asia.
*Actual* computer science, rather than fluff
I think what the prime minister means is that students can currently choose to study 'IT' or 'Computer Science'. 'Computer Science' means coding and other useful things, 'IT' means learning what a barcode signifies and how to set a page break in Microsoft Word.
The Doctor ... of whiff waff
You want The Doctor to be someone who is very intelligent but with a good degree of eccentiricity and a fairly odd look.
I vote Boris Johnson.
Failing that, Eddie Izzard, John McAffee or Milton Jones would all make fine choices.
1. You're travelling on the London Underground and a man you've never met before sits down next to you. What do you say to him?
2. You're travelling on a bus and a group of youths board the bus and proceed to play very loud music from their mobile telephones. What do you say to them?
3. You've just entered a large building with a friend and are having a conversation with your friend while you both wait for the lift. What will you talk about when you actually get in the lift?
Answers on the back of a postcard (and if you don't know what one of those is, you've definitely failed)
- NASA rover Curiosity drills HOLE in MARS 'GOLF COURSE'
- +Comment 'Private Facebook' site Ello: There's a REASON we're still in beta. SPAMMERS!
- WHY did Sunday Mirror stoop to slurping selfies for smut sting?
- Business is back, baby! Hasta la VISTA, Win 8... Oh, yeah, Windows 9
- Shellshock: 'Larger scale attack' on its way, warn securo-bods