6 posts • joined 3 Jul 2007
Dropbox does keep previous versions -- right click on the filename in the web browser.
Re: Surely not
Volume of water is measured in gallons or liters (since this is in Idaho) or m^3. Acre-feet is like me measuring the area of my back garden in furlong-inches.
...which sees a host of applications pre-installed
Great, so it'll be like a Windows PC (e.g. from Sony) where there's a whole heap of sh*t (usually 30-day trial versions) pre-installed that you don't want, and that's really hard to get rid of, just because Orange gets a back-hander from the vendor.
It was renamed Myanmar by the military dictatorship, and the UK doesn't recognise the change:
Express lifts versus local lifts
Charles has it about right. Tall buildings these days have express lifts that go to every tenth floor with slower lifts serving the floors in between.
It's not just for speed; it also uses less space in the core of the building. See Wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sky_lobby.
Naff monitoring software
If I never see another naff, custom-designed, skinned fan/temperature monitor, it'll be too soon.
Asus does it; Motherboard Monitor (MBM5) does it. They all look like sh*t, and usually don't work with a limited account (LUA).
I think that Microsoft should force hardware vendors to make this information available as standard Windows performance counters, which means that I can use standard tools to monitor them.
Maybe make this a logo requirement?
- JLaw, Kate Upton exposed in celeb nude pics hack
- Google flushes out users of old browsers by serving up CLUNKY, AGED version of search
- GCHQ protesters stick it to British spooks ... by drinking urine
- China: You, Microsoft. Office-Windows 'compatibility'. You have 20 days to explain
- Something for the Weekend, Sir? If you think 3D printing is just firing blanks, just you wait