4 posts • joined 17 Jan 2013
Re: I don't want two devices where one will work.
Im hoping Amazon will try this at some point, combine their kindle ereaders and Fires in one device and get revenue from both segments of the market? Id certainly be front of the queue (just make sure the ereader part has a paperwhite style light too!)
Do they honestly think younger people dont read?
I dont think i could stand reading for too long on a tablet, my good old Kindle however i can sit for hours and read (and do). Am i nearly dead? At 31 I hope not.
Re: But what are their eBook sales?
Any reasonably savvy person with a Kindle im sure has discovered the joys of Calibre and a USB cable. No lock in to Amazon for me but they are generally fairly priced and books I want are available.
Im still debating getting a Kindle Paperwhite as my Kindle 4 is still so good (and loss of physical page buttons would be a big annoyance). Reading in the dark and sharper text do sound nice though.
I dont think I could read for long on a tablet but i guess people must do it or there wouldnt be that demand.
- +Comment Trips to Mars may be OFF: The SUN has changed in a way we've NEVER SEEN
- OnePlus One cut-price Android phone on sale to all... for 1 HOUR
- MARS NEEDS WOMEN, claims NASA pseudo 'naut: They eat less
- Back to the ... drawing board: 'Hoverboard' will disappoint Marty McFly wannabes
- Vid Do you STRUGGLE with EMAIL? You need ANOTHER INBOX, says Google