2 posts • joined 10 Jan 2013
It's mostly a media pc, but I get my media from different sources: NetFlix, YouTube, other websites, local files. I also do have a game or two installed on it.
Most media player software I've tried either doesn't support web browsing (necessary for the video from some sites I visit), is difficult to set up, or (XMBC, I'm looking at you, here) actually forces the wrong labels on many of my files, making me rename them back.
I stay away from Metro UI as long as possible, it works okay. It was an annoyance trying to find the drivers for my graphics and sound card. I'm used to Ubuntu automatically discovering that stuff and not having to do a thing to get it to work.
- JLaw, Kate Upton exposed in celeb nude pics hack
- Google flushes out users of old browsers by serving up CLUNKY, AGED version of search
- GCHQ protesters stick it to British spooks ... by drinking urine
- China: You, Microsoft. Office-Windows 'compatibility'. You have 20 days to explain
- Something for the Weekend, Sir? If you think 3D printing is just firing blanks, just you wait