4 posts • joined 18 Dec 2012
Re: Buy a tripod
The next video I make and describe as "BEST EVA!!11" I will make sure I use a tripod just for you.
Yes, arduino would do the same thing, but I'd then have to add wifi/Ethernet and a way of it intercepting Siri requests.. It would have cost about the same in hardware but the pi has the advantage of using passwordless logins to other networked devices, such as my laptop or XBMC running on my Apple TV. I can ask siri to play media on my XBMC or shutdown/reboot my laptop for example, not so easy from an Arduino.
I suppose I could make siri ask me to say "please" open the garage door..
There are no issues as far as "false opening" the door, this system only works on my very secure wifi network. I also still have the original remote to open the garage should the Raspberry Pi fail. @darkther4py
- +Analysis Microsoft: We're making ONE TRUE WINDOWS to rule us all
- Apple: We'll unleash OS X Yosemite beta on the MASSES on 24 July
- Pics It's Google HQ - the British one: Reg man snaps covert shots INSIDE London offices
- White? Male? You work in tech? Let us guess ... Twitter? We KNEW it!
- The END of the FONDLESLAB KINGS? Apple and Samsung have reason to FEAR