4 posts • joined 18 Dec 2012
Re: Buy a tripod
The next video I make and describe as "BEST EVA!!11" I will make sure I use a tripod just for you.
Yes, arduino would do the same thing, but I'd then have to add wifi/Ethernet and a way of it intercepting Siri requests.. It would have cost about the same in hardware but the pi has the advantage of using passwordless logins to other networked devices, such as my laptop or XBMC running on my Apple TV. I can ask siri to play media on my XBMC or shutdown/reboot my laptop for example, not so easy from an Arduino.
I suppose I could make siri ask me to say "please" open the garage door..
There are no issues as far as "false opening" the door, this system only works on my very secure wifi network. I also still have the original remote to open the garage should the Raspberry Pi fail. @darkther4py
- NASA boffin: RIDDLE of odd BULGE FOUND on MOON is SOLVED
- Pic Mars rover 2020: Oxygen generation and 6 more amazing experiments
- Microsoft's Euro cloud darkens: US FEDS can dig into foreign servers
- Boffins spot weirder quantum capers as neutrons take the high road, spin takes the low
- Plug and PREY: Hackers reprogram USB drives to silently infect PCs