4 posts • joined 14 Dec 2012
Sail back not exactly a new feature?
Didn't Dimetrodon in the Triassic have a large sail on its back? As it would appear this is a case of sail backs evolving in two separate species at two greatly disparate times, perhaps there is some common evolutionary function that is more than just show?
Why not use plain old Debian?
I just use Debian unstable and basically never have to worry about reinstalling ever again.
People who buy Chromebooks for Linux are doing it wrong
I don't get buying a Chromebook and installing another Linux distro on it.
Instead of getting a Chromebook, in particular, Acer's, simply get the Acer equivalent Acer Aspire One. I got an Acer Aspire One 725-0687 for under 200 US dollars at Walmart for a holiday sale as opposed to the roughly 200 British pounds price being quoted for the Acer Chromebook. I don't have to worry about having to install only a hacked Ubuntu 12.04: I can install ANY Linux distribution I want, in my case, Debian unstable. Everything from wireless to suspend just works in Debian.
I'm hoping that everything Widenius fears about Oracle comes true and Oracle starts enforcing the GPL license of MySQL with the same interpretation that Widenius had when he ran things. And I hope it sinks whatever commercial support MariaDB has accumulated up to that time.
What's good for the goose is good for the gander.
- Review Apple iPhone 6: Looking good, slim. How about... oh, your battery died
- Review + Vid Apple iPhone 6 Plus: What a waste of gorgeous pixel density
- +Comment EMC, HP blockbuster 'merger' shocker comes a cropper
- Moon landing was real and WE CAN PROVE IT, says Nvidia
- 46% of iThings slurp iOS 8: What part of this batt-draining update didn't you like?