8 posts • joined 3 Dec 2012
Oh $deity, this brings back memories of writing an AT command parser… argh
Russel! Hey, Russel?
They've found your teapot.
Re: incident report
Situation Normal, all.. Failing Under Constant Tests Under Pressure?
Re: Its just an ISP
Here in fancy Edinburgh, their graph (http://noc.enta.net/21cn-interconnect-status/) was at 0 flat.
In other places it had a bit of connectivity, just that tiny bit... here, nada. Zero. Zilch.
Had to try phoning their support more than 30 times to even get to receive the pre-recorded message saying there was a known fault and they were investigating. All the other calls either mysteriously disconnected or gave me the weird "There's been a fault" message.
Luckily it all came back ~8:20pm.
Re: Enta outage
Could you tell me which brand adsl modem do you have that works _properly_ with Enta's ipv6 allocation? It's manual (gave me a /56 and a gateway) and not DHCPv6, and my self-described "IPv6 capable" Zoom ADSL router/modem unfortunately (and after several chats & phone calls with Zoom) only supports DHCPv6 properly (allegedly). Any pointer - any - would be appreciated! my surname at gmail if you could :)
Re: At first I thought the calendar is wrong
When I find myself in times of trouble,
Uncle Ritchie comes to me,
speaking words of wisdom -
Write in C
Dilbert predicted this'd happen in 2003
- Product round-up Ten excellent FREE PC apps to brighten your Windows
- Hi-torque tank engines: EXTREME car hacking with The Register
- Review What's MISSING on Amazon Fire Phone... and why it WON'T set the world alight
- Product round-up Trousers down for six of the best affordable Androids
- Chromecast video on UK, Euro TVs hertz so badly it makes us judder – but Google 'won't fix'