5 posts • joined 29 Nov 2012
Agreed on the SGI systems-just BEAUTIFUL!Not to mention we designed the os for ALL dbs tv systems on ours,and debuted to industry in '93.2600 4ever!
I had my first General Instruments broadband modem in Nov.1995.I was located in one of the first five city rollouts.Here in Jacksonville,we had a miltary based optical switch node which facilitated that.It was exciting,having that and NT4 all at the same time.FF ten years later,at the same location,server room,racks,gigabit lan,A+/code station.Staring originally in a traditional,all paper office environment.
Re: Taking Dell to court
For me it was the N series that had the tendancy to have way too much voltage powering the little speakers due to the nice pre-amp/hd audio setup.You have to replace the mainboard AND speakers,and hope the ribbon cables that connect the peripherals to the mainboard work ever again.NEVER again.
Re: Serious High End Laptop needed
I'm hardcore,I'd go with the military grade systems or at least a Panasonic toughbook.Multi-boot os setups are always handy.
- Fee fie Firefox: Mozilla's lawyers probe Dell over browser install charge
- 20 Freescale staff on vanished Malaysia Airlines flight MH370
- Did Apple's iOS literally make you SICK? Try swallowing version 7.1
- Neil Young touts MP3 player that's no Piece of Crap
- Review Distro diaspora: Four flavours of Ubuntu unpacked