1 post • joined 28 Nov 2012
Re: 350,000 queries per second until...
Most of your gripes sound like they're down to bad database design / configuration / management to me. Postgres doesn't have hints, it's been a long running argument and the general consensus is that they encourage bad habits and scale worse than the planner alone in all but very exceptional cases. There has been some recent discussion about implementing hints and having an extra guc parameter to obey or ignore them, I'm not sure where that's going.
Your raid issues? Well that’s a hardware problem, but you can easily reconfigure cost variables to smooth things out. Index issues? Again sounds like bad design to me.
- Mounties always get their man: Heartbleed 'hacker', 19, CUFFED
- Analysis Oh no, Joe: WinPhone users already griping over 8.1 mega-update
- Leaked pics show EMBIGGENED iPhone 6 screen
- Opportunity selfie: Martian winds have given the spunky ol' rover a spring cleaning
- OK, we get the message, Microsoft: Windows Defender splats 1000s of WinXP, Server 2k3 PCs