5 posts • joined Saturday 30th June 2007 07:19 GMT
re: It's a shame
The thing about Linux is that the graphical shell isn't intimately tied to the underlying OS, so although the latest coolest release may offer funky graphics that are more than your old machine can cope with, you can just select a simpler window manager and continue to benefit from the other advantages of a recent release.
"...a spud gun?! Seriously, a toy? Or am I missing something here?"
I suspect the sort of spud gun you're thinking of fires little bits of potato, rather than whole ones. The big ones are usually constructed from plastic plumbing fittings and use propane or butane as a propellant, there's plenty about them on the interweb - just search for potato cannon.
Who dares question the mighty Google?
// Why isn't Google searching for malware on the sites it indexes? //
It is, as you'd have seen if you'd read the blog post. It tags the result with "This site may harm your computer" and if you click on the title it takes you to a warning page, where you can access Google's analysis of the malware threat.
- World's OLDEST human DNA found in leg bone – but that's not the only boning going on...
- Lightning strikes USB bosses: Next-gen jacks will be REVERSIBLE
- Pics Brit inventors' GRAVITY POWERED LIGHT ships out after just 1 year
- Facebook offshores HUGE WAD OF CASH to Caymans - via Ireland
- Microsoft teams up with Feds, Europol in ZeroAccess botnet zombie hunt