5 posts • joined 30 Jun 2007
re: It's a shame
The thing about Linux is that the graphical shell isn't intimately tied to the underlying OS, so although the latest coolest release may offer funky graphics that are more than your old machine can cope with, you can just select a simpler window manager and continue to benefit from the other advantages of a recent release.
"...a spud gun?! Seriously, a toy? Or am I missing something here?"
I suspect the sort of spud gun you're thinking of fires little bits of potato, rather than whole ones. The big ones are usually constructed from plastic plumbing fittings and use propane or butane as a propellant, there's plenty about them on the interweb - just search for potato cannon.
Who dares question the mighty Google?
// Why isn't Google searching for malware on the sites it indexes? //
It is, as you'd have seen if you'd read the blog post. It tags the result with "This site may harm your computer" and if you click on the title it takes you to a warning page, where you can access Google's analysis of the malware threat.
re: Why do cars crash ?
Because the nut behind the wheel didn't use a more appropriate technology like a train or a bicycle.
Donating or dumping?
I wonder if Computer Aid International will dispose of the kit in an environmentally sound way when the Africans have finished with it.
- One HUNDRED FAMOUS LADIES exposed NUDE online
- Google flushes out users of old browsers by serving up CLUNKY, AGED version of search
- China: You, Microsoft. Office-Windows 'compatibility'. You have 20 days to explain
- Twitter: La la la, we have not heard of any NUDE JLaw, Upton SELFIES
- Apple to devs: NO slurping users' HEALTH for sale to Dark Powers