5 posts • joined 30 Jun 2007
re: It's a shame
The thing about Linux is that the graphical shell isn't intimately tied to the underlying OS, so although the latest coolest release may offer funky graphics that are more than your old machine can cope with, you can just select a simpler window manager and continue to benefit from the other advantages of a recent release.
"...a spud gun?! Seriously, a toy? Or am I missing something here?"
I suspect the sort of spud gun you're thinking of fires little bits of potato, rather than whole ones. The big ones are usually constructed from plastic plumbing fittings and use propane or butane as a propellant, there's plenty about them on the interweb - just search for potato cannon.
Who dares question the mighty Google?
// Why isn't Google searching for malware on the sites it indexes? //
It is, as you'd have seen if you'd read the blog post. It tags the result with "This site may harm your computer" and if you click on the title it takes you to a warning page, where you can access Google's analysis of the malware threat.
re: Why do cars crash ?
Because the nut behind the wheel didn't use a more appropriate technology like a train or a bicycle.
Donating or dumping?
I wonder if Computer Aid International will dispose of the kit in an environmentally sound way when the Africans have finished with it.
- Vid Antarctic ice THICKER than first feared – penguin-bot boffins
- Antique Code Show World of Warcraft then and now: From Orcs and Humans to Warlords of Draenor
- Hi-torque tank engines: EXTREME car hacking with The Register
- Review What's MISSING on Amazon Fire Phone... and why it WON'T set the world alight
- Regin: The super-spyware the security industry has been silent about