1 post • joined 9 Nov 2012
Optus has dropped the ball on transitioning Unwired customers
"And there we were thinking Unwired customers became a part of the Optus family on the day of the acquisition." Well said - Unwired customers clearly aren't seen as part of the Optus family. Optus has advised that when the Unwired network is turned off the email accounts will be cancelled. They will not be providing a redirect facility for those people who are going to take longer than a few months to clear out all usage of their Unwired e-mail address. That's some way to treat a member of the family. I wonder how many ex-Unwired user they hope to get signing up to Optus plans when people start realising what sorts of probblems they will run into without that redirect. And part of that period is the Christmans/New Year break when it's difficult to get anything done!
Optus could have marketted it as a plus "Sign up with Optus and we will automatically apply the redirect to your new Optus address!". Some chance.
Confidence in an orderly transition of e-mail addresses that can be supported by an extended redirect period is a fairly basic requirement in an e-mail account. Telstra can do it. Optus has sure shot themselves in the foot by not committing to this up front.
- SMASH the Bash bug! Apple and Red Hat scramble for patch batches
- BENDY iPhone 6, you say? Pah, warp claims are bent out of shape: Consumer Reports
- NASA rover Curiosity drills HOLE in MARS 'GOLF COURSE'
- WHY did Sunday Mirror stoop to slurping selfies for smut sting?
- Business is back, baby! Hasta la VISTA, Win 8... Oh, yeah, Windows 9