Doesn't Change Anything For Me
When Lenovo decided to include firmware to auto-install malware on Windows they made it onto my No Buy Ever list. This isn't the case with Dell, as they've already been on the list for over a decade.
- Proprietary PSUs that, when replaced with normal PSUs, cause the machine to power on and off, on and off when in the "powered off" state.
- Power bricks with "data" lines that allow the BIOS to determine if the power brick is "genuine Dell" and downclock the CPU by 50% if it isn't. The "genuine" bricks sell for 2x the price of the others.
- Failure to address major capacitor quality issues, replacing boards with exploded caps with boards with soon-to-explode caps.
- Dell branded Windows COAs, "too bad you spent all this time trying to reinstall an OS, this COA only works with 'Dell Windows'".
- Batshit insane case design.