3 posts • joined Monday 5th November 2012 12:34 GMT
Re: Government. Giant Consulting Company. What could go wrong.
Honestly? In half a million lines of code, *that one line*?
My personal favourite, in C++ written by someone who "preferred" Java, the last statement in a function that returned a reference:
return *new Thing(...);
Re: Wot? No Deus-Ex?
That's a hard question...
RPG doesn't quite catch it for me. I really enjoyed Neverwinter Nights for that kind of thing.
I quite like the new (to me) term "sneak-em-up". Implies a few things about a game. I'm currently playing Dishonored (reviewed here: http://www.reghardware.com/2012/10/16/review_game_dishonored/), a great example of it.
Anyway, I accept your rationale for leaving DE out of this list! :-) Some wonderful nostalgia moments here.
Wot? No Deus-Ex?
Ok Ok, I spose it wasn't a "shooter" in the traditional sense. Still reckon it was a ground breaker in the genre though. Maybe it's a conspiracy.... :)
- World's OLDEST human DNA found in leg bone – but that's not the only boning going on...
- Lightning strikes USB bosses: Next-gen jacks will be REVERSIBLE
- Pics Brit inventors' GRAVITY POWERED LIGHT ships out after just 1 year
- Storagebod Oh no, RBS has gone titsup again... but is it JUST BAD LUCK?
- Microsoft teams up with Feds, Interpol in ZeroAccess botnet zombie hunt