1 post • joined 30 Oct 2012
"MYOB's operating system based native DB is extremely fast. Much faster than MS SQL, MySQL, Oracle, whatever.
Like all of that ilk, it doesn't scale very well, and it doesn't network very well."
Doesn't network very well? You must have some very strange ideas about what networking means to multi user databases. Not scalable? Well - you have something of a point, but scalable compared to MSAccess? You must have been working with some pretty small datasets or moderately large ones with very simple structures. 100GB - 1TB+ (of real data) on a desktop machine with anything like a normalised model and you learn to love real databases toot sweet.
- Just TWO climate committee MPs contradict IPCC: The two with SCIENCE degrees
- 14 antivirus apps found to have security problems
- Feature Scotland's BIG question: Will independence cost me my broadband?
- Apple winks at parents: C'mon, get your kid a tweaked Macbook Pro
- FTC to mobile carriers: If you could stop text scammers being jerks that'd be just great