1 post • joined 30 Oct 2012
"MYOB's operating system based native DB is extremely fast. Much faster than MS SQL, MySQL, Oracle, whatever.
Like all of that ilk, it doesn't scale very well, and it doesn't network very well."
Doesn't network very well? You must have some very strange ideas about what networking means to multi user databases. Not scalable? Well - you have something of a point, but scalable compared to MSAccess? You must have been working with some pretty small datasets or moderately large ones with very simple structures. 100GB - 1TB+ (of real data) on a desktop machine with anything like a normalised model and you learn to love real databases toot sweet.
- Put down that Oracle database patch: It could cost $23,000 per CPU
- The END of the FONDLESLAB KINGS? Apple and Samsung have reason to FEAR
- Pics It's Google HQ - the British one: Reg man snaps covert shots INSIDE London offices
- Review Porsche Panamera S E-Hybrid: The plug-in for plutocrats
- Mozilla fixes CRITICAL security holes in Firefox, urges v31 upgrade