1 post • joined 30 Oct 2012
"MYOB's operating system based native DB is extremely fast. Much faster than MS SQL, MySQL, Oracle, whatever.
Like all of that ilk, it doesn't scale very well, and it doesn't network very well."
Doesn't network very well? You must have some very strange ideas about what networking means to multi user databases. Not scalable? Well - you have something of a point, but scalable compared to MSAccess? You must have been working with some pretty small datasets or moderately large ones with very simple structures. 100GB - 1TB+ (of real data) on a desktop machine with anything like a normalised model and you learn to love real databases toot sweet.
- SMASH the Bash bug! Apple and Red Hat scramble for patch batches
- BENDY iPhone 6, you say? Pah, warp claims are bent out of shape: Consumer Reports
- NASA rover Curiosity drills HOLE in MARS 'GOLF COURSE'
- WHY did Sunday Mirror stoop to slurping selfies for smut sting?
- Business is back, baby! Hasta la VISTA, Win 8... Oh, yeah, Windows 9