5 posts • joined 27 Oct 2012
This type of effort is usually done to harvest email accounts to spam or for other nefarious purposes. One of these types bothered to admit what s/he was doing openly to me in 2006 via yahoos instant messaging client. Offering the information to the authorities is pointless. I sometimes seriously consider this really is an oligarchy and all of the people in positions of power are hell-bent on screwing every last one of the little guys - without gel if possible.
Exceptions would be our fearless reporters at El Reg, and the honest, clean commenters such as the ones above and below me, here.
SamSung Galay Tab 2.0 7" model suffers from this same type of issue - the 8GB model has around 4.3 GB free out of the box.
In 1997 someone insisted I was such a "loser" because the computer I was using for basic web browsing, email, and typing up my college papers lacked MMX. I have made it a bit of a habit to get one of the lower end machines. I feel happier because of it, knowing that I was ahead of the curve.
TY El Reg, for showing me that I lead, not follow.
Re: In related news,
I went looking just this past week for some mobile sites to add to my droid tablet as shortcuts. It looks like Yahoo lost its first love - being a web directory. I expected better, although there are some sites out there that have bothered to collect the links for users like myself.
- JLaw, Kate Upton exposed in celeb nude pics hack
- Google flushes out users of old browsers by serving up CLUNKY, AGED version of search
- GCHQ protesters stick it to British spooks ... by drinking urine
- China: You, Microsoft. Office-Windows 'compatibility'. You have 20 days to explain
- Something for the Weekend, Sir? If you think 3D printing is just firing blanks, just you wait