1 post • joined 23 Oct 2012
nothing to do with actual cost savings. everything to do with balance sheet manipulation
Moves like this are never actually about cost savings/synergies or rightsourcing.
The article says it all when it mentions about the IPO.
They are interested in manipulating their metrics prior to the public offering.
Headcount / Turnover is an important metric. Outsourcing reduces headcount while not impacting turnover.
The fact it reduces profits by increasing costs is of no consequence, headcount/profit is not the metric.
Delivery will suffer, shareholders will suffer the UK economy will suffer but the analysts will be happy.
That is what counts in situations like this.
- NASA boffin: RIDDLE of odd BULGE FOUND on MOON is SOLVED
- Pic Mars rover 2020: Oxygen generation and 6 more amazing experiments
- Microsoft's Euro cloud darkens: US FEDS can dig into foreign servers
- Plug and PREY: Hackers reprogram USB drives to silently infect PCs
- Boffins spot weirder quantum capers as neutrons take the high road, spin takes the low