1 post • joined 23 Oct 2012
nothing to do with actual cost savings. everything to do with balance sheet manipulation
Moves like this are never actually about cost savings/synergies or rightsourcing.
The article says it all when it mentions about the IPO.
They are interested in manipulating their metrics prior to the public offering.
Headcount / Turnover is an important metric. Outsourcing reduces headcount while not impacting turnover.
The fact it reduces profits by increasing costs is of no consequence, headcount/profit is not the metric.
Delivery will suffer, shareholders will suffer the UK economy will suffer but the analysts will be happy.
That is what counts in situations like this.
- Vid Hubble 'scope snaps 200,000-ton chunky crumble conundrum
- Bugger the jetpack, where's my 21st-century Psion?
- Google offers up its own Googlers in cloud channel chumship trawl
- Interview Global Warming IS REAL, argues sceptic mathematician - it just isn't THERMAGEDDON
- Windows 8.1 Update 1 spewed online a MONTH early – by Microsoft