1 post • joined 23 Oct 2012
nothing to do with actual cost savings. everything to do with balance sheet manipulation
Moves like this are never actually about cost savings/synergies or rightsourcing.
The article says it all when it mentions about the IPO.
They are interested in manipulating their metrics prior to the public offering.
Headcount / Turnover is an important metric. Outsourcing reduces headcount while not impacting turnover.
The fact it reduces profits by increasing costs is of no consequence, headcount/profit is not the metric.
Delivery will suffer, shareholders will suffer the UK economy will suffer but the analysts will be happy.
That is what counts in situations like this.
- Review Reg man looks through a Glass, darkly: Google's toy ploy or killer tech specs?
- MEN WANTED to satisfy town full of yearning BRAZILIAN HOTNESS
- +Comment 'Stop dissing Google or quit': OK, I quit, says Code Club co-founder
- Apple tried to get a ban on Galaxy, judge said: NO, NO, NO
- Banking apps: Handy, can grab all your money... and RIDDLED with coding flaws