1 post • joined 23 Oct 2012
nothing to do with actual cost savings. everything to do with balance sheet manipulation
Moves like this are never actually about cost savings/synergies or rightsourcing.
The article says it all when it mentions about the IPO.
They are interested in manipulating their metrics prior to the public offering.
Headcount / Turnover is an important metric. Outsourcing reduces headcount while not impacting turnover.
The fact it reduces profits by increasing costs is of no consequence, headcount/profit is not the metric.
Delivery will suffer, shareholders will suffer the UK economy will suffer but the analysts will be happy.
That is what counts in situations like this.
- Updated Zucker punched: Google gobbles Facebook-wooed Titan Aerospace
- Elon Musk's LEAKY THRUSTER gas stalls Space Station supply run
- Windows 8.1, which you probably haven't upgraded to yet, ALREADY OBSOLETE
- Mounties always get their man: Heartbleed 'hacker', 19, CUFFED
- Android engineer: We DIDN'T copy Apple OR follow Samsung's orders