1 post • joined 19 Oct 2012
Focus needs to be on what users need
At OpenNebula we think that the involvement of the users in the definition of the roadmap is critical to create a software that solves their needs rather than the vendor's. Our point is that we think that the roadmap should not be defined by the vendors. We are all about our users, and we believe this is the reason why we have more than 5,000 downloads per month, reference serious production deployments in companies like China Mobile (flagship Big Cloud Elastic Computing System) and RIM (Blackberry services), and an important adoption in industry (http://gigaom.com/cloud/opennebula-cloud-bigger-than-expected-in-business/) without having invested in marketing and without being backed by any big name or vendor.
- Asteroid's DINO KILLING SPREE just bad luck – boffins
- Just TWO climate committee MPs contradict IPCC: The two with SCIENCE degrees
- BEST BATTERY EVER: All lithium, all the time, plus a dash of carbon nano-stuff
- Stick a 4K in them: Super high-res TVs are DONE
- Review You didn't get the MeMO? Asus Pad 7 Android tab is ... not bad