1 post • joined 12 Oct 2012
The test was a complete provisioning, booting and application usage test for 1,000 desktops
To clarify the points raised by readers, the test was a complete provisioning, booting and application usage test for 1,000 desktops – all at “Macbook Air” performance levels, so the 150 minutes refers to the time taken for 1,000 linked clones to be fully deployed and the tests completed on a single Tintri VMstore T540 storage node.
An overview of the testing can be viewed here - http://www.tintri.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/Reexamining-VDI-Conventions-121008.pdf
Disclosure: I am VP of global marketing at Tintri and quoted within the article
- Just TWO climate committee MPs contradict IPCC: The two with SCIENCE degrees
- Apple winks at parents: C'mon, get your kid a tweaked Macbook Pro
- Feature Scotland's BIG question: Will independence cost me my broadband?
- SOULLESS machine-intelligence ROBOT cars to hit Blighty in 2015
- China in MONOPOLY PROBE into Microsoft: Do not pass GO, do not collect 200 yuan