Re: Spot on review!
Before a factory reset, try clearing the cache from recovery mode (via Fastboot)
- Power down
- Press Power and Volume buttons at the same time
- Continue holding until you see the fastboot mode screen
- From Fastboot Mode
- Press Volume down twice to 'Recovery'
- Press power button to select
- From exclamation mark screen:
- Press & hold power button then press Volume Up.
Then (carefully) select "Wipe Cache" using volume buttons to highlight and power button to select.
Once complete, select reboot now.
This won't remove data and may well resolve battery life issues.