1 post • joined 4 Sep 2012
RDMA enables faster storage access
The 5GB/sec was demoed live at VMworld, using several Fusion-IO cards (to provide the BW). Also,,the new SMB protocol in Windows Server 2012 includes support for InfiniBand and RoCE network adapters, which outperform Fibre Channel (~6GB/sec at less than 5% CPU overhead using one Infiniabnd linke or ~17GB/sec when using 3 links, also demoed live in TechEd'12).
- YARR! Pirates walk the plank: DMCA magnets sink in Google results
- Pics Whisper tracks its users. So we tracked down its LA office. This is what happened next
- OnePlus One cut-price Android phone on sale to all... for 1 HOUR
- UNIX greybeards threaten Debian fork over systemd plan
- Ex-US Navy fighter pilot MIT prof: Drones beat humans - I should know