1 post • joined 4 Sep 2012
RDMA enables faster storage access
The 5GB/sec was demoed live at VMworld, using several Fusion-IO cards (to provide the BW). Also,,the new SMB protocol in Windows Server 2012 includes support for InfiniBand and RoCE network adapters, which outperform Fibre Channel (~6GB/sec at less than 5% CPU overhead using one Infiniabnd linke or ~17GB/sec when using 3 links, also demoed live in TechEd'12).
- Vid Antarctic ice THICKER than first feared – penguin-bot boffins
- Hi-torque tank engines: EXTREME car hacking with The Register
- Review What's MISSING on Amazon Fire Phone... and why it WON'T set the world alight
- Product round-up Trousers down for six of the best affordable Androids
- Antique Code Show World of Warcraft then and now: From Orcs and Humans to Warlords of Draenor