1 post • joined 4 Sep 2012
RDMA enables faster storage access
The 5GB/sec was demoed live at VMworld, using several Fusion-IO cards (to provide the BW). Also,,the new SMB protocol in Windows Server 2012 includes support for InfiniBand and RoCE network adapters, which outperform Fibre Channel (~6GB/sec at less than 5% CPU overhead using one Infiniabnd linke or ~17GB/sec when using 3 links, also demoed live in TechEd'12).
- 'Windows 9' LEAK: Microsoft's playing catchup with Linux
- Infosec geniuses hack a Canon PRINTER and install DOOM
- Boffins say they've got Lithium batteries the wrong way around
- Game Theory Half a BILLION in the making: Bungie's Destiny reviewed
- Phones 4u slips into administration after EE cuts ties with Brit mobe retailer