8 posts • joined 4 Sep 2012
Yes, you are. No sensible distribution has used bash for anything but interactive shells for as long as I can remember. That's what bash is, sh/ash/dash + interactive features. Only an idiot would use it for batch (non-interactive) processing. This whole thing is just natural selection at work.
Re: what else lurks
No they don't
$ ls -lAh /bin/sh
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 4 Jun 30 11:40 /bin/sh -> dash
Let's hope they're not just joining to cause trouble and stall progress . . .
Remember . . .
This all started when Microsoft's Elop was parachuted into Nokia to kill Maemo/Meego and drop Android for Windoze phone.
Re: Take a look at the changes LibreSSL made
Yep. OpenSSL devs dropped the ball badly and didn't care. Now they are trying to sabotage the ones who do care. Die OpenSSL!
mmm, grade " A" gibberish . . .
UK TV ad campaign
Millions spent trying to persuade people to actually use what's already installed on their computers, pathetic really ;)
- Comment Renewable energy 'simply WON'T WORK': Top Google engineers
- Useless 'computer engineer' Barbie FIRED in three-way fsck row
- Game Theory Dragon Age Inquisition: Our chief weapons are...
- 'How a censorious and moralistic blogger ruined my evening'
- Amazon warming up 'cheapo web video' cannon to SINK Netflix