8 posts • joined 4 Sep 2012
Yes, you are. No sensible distribution has used bash for anything but interactive shells for as long as I can remember. That's what bash is, sh/ash/dash + interactive features. Only an idiot would use it for batch (non-interactive) processing. This whole thing is just natural selection at work.
Re: what else lurks
No they don't
$ ls -lAh /bin/sh
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 4 Jun 30 11:40 /bin/sh -> dash
Let's hope they're not just joining to cause trouble and stall progress . . .
Remember . . .
This all started when Microsoft's Elop was parachuted into Nokia to kill Maemo/Meego and drop Android for Windoze phone.
Re: Take a look at the changes LibreSSL made
Yep. OpenSSL devs dropped the ball badly and didn't care. Now they are trying to sabotage the ones who do care. Die OpenSSL!
mmm, grade " A" gibberish . . .
UK TV ad campaign
Millions spent trying to persuade people to actually use what's already installed on their computers, pathetic really ;)
- Vid Antarctic ice THICKER than first feared – penguin-bot boffins
- Antique Code Show World of Warcraft then and now: From Orcs and Humans to Warlords of Draenor
- iPhone sales set to PLUMMET: Bleak times ahead for Apple
- Regin: The super-spyware the security industry has been silent about
- Review Amazon Fire Phone: What's MISSING... and why it WON'T set the world alight