2 posts • joined 2 Sep 2012
Re: RE: This bug represents a cultural problem at FB
This is security 101. You don't send user modifiable parameters. You don't send parameters in clear text. Absolutely stupid.
There should be no reason to "test" this scenario: the scenario should not exist. FacePlant "technology" sucks; you entrust your stuff to FacePlant, prepare to have your information harvested.
department of redundancy department
"One of the affected sites stored its passwords unencrypted in plaintext."
Not both unencrypted AND plaintext?!?! The horror!
- NASA boffin: RIDDLE of odd BULGE FOUND on MOON is SOLVED
- Pic Mars rover 2020: Oxygen generation and 6 more amazing experiments
- Microsoft's Euro cloud darkens: US FEDS can dig into foreign servers
- Plug and PREY: Hackers reprogram USB drives to silently infect PCs
- Boffins spot weirder quantum capers as neutrons take the high road, spin takes the low