2 posts • joined 2 Sep 2012
Re: RE: This bug represents a cultural problem at FB
This is security 101. You don't send user modifiable parameters. You don't send parameters in clear text. Absolutely stupid.
There should be no reason to "test" this scenario: the scenario should not exist. FacePlant "technology" sucks; you entrust your stuff to FacePlant, prepare to have your information harvested.
department of redundancy department
"One of the affected sites stored its passwords unencrypted in plaintext."
Not both unencrypted AND plaintext?!?! The horror!
- Infosec geniuses hack a Canon PRINTER and install DOOM
- 'Windows 9' LEAK: Microsoft's playing catchup with Linux
- Boffins say they've got Lithium batteries the wrong way around
- Game Theory Half a BILLION in the making: Bungie's Destiny reviewed
- Phones 4u slips into administration after EE cuts ties with Brit mobe retailer