Hey Watson! What is the plural of 'Lego"?
25 posts • joined 31 Aug 2012
Hey Watson! What is the plural of 'Lego"?
Nice one, you should call GBR and let them know you have broken the current record of 27bpm.
Wouldn't it be simpler for Apple, Google etc to just get a Zerodium subscription? If Zerdium won't allow it for some reason, then they could pay off one of their existing customers to get the exploit data.
All these comments and no one has said it...
Iron Man is gonna be on the warpath!
Presumably it will deorbit for the same reason that objects in Low Earth Orbit will. Things like solar wind and gravity perturbations eventually decay the orbit.
I think I read that they did in fact deliberately lower Messengers orbit so it would crash too.
The real universe is not like KSP where you can just sit in a 75km orbit for ever. ;)
Here, have an up-vote - PFH Fan
This just in: SpaceX releases images of the Falcon SUPER Heavy Launcher.
Yep, me too. I've been using Paint Shop Pro 7 for years, and there are very few reasons I can find to re-train myself on Photoshop.
If someone could hack in 32bit BMP support I'd be soooo happy.
Hard to tell from the article, but the issue might not affect the really old products like Jasc PSP 7. The X7 version is v17 from what I can gather (the latest version).
I've had the opposite experience. At work we switched from O2 to EE, and now the only way I can make or take a call on the mobile at home or work is if I stand next to a window. I thought maybe it was my fault for flashing AOKP onto my S5, but my IT Manager's M8 has exactly the same issue after switching to EE. He even said that it was due to EE's signal penetration being awful.
At home the wife's Note 3 is on Vodafone and gets a great signal, while mine says 2-3 bars, but still can't make/take calls.
Your comment makes absolutely no cents! Geddit!
India's Mars Orbiter only cost US$73 million. I reckon we could give them it to them to boost, and get the price under US$50 million.
Obligatory letter from Dr. Ernst Stuhlinger, associate director of science at NASA (1970).
Same here. My 6 year old plays Minecraft no problem on my old Acer laptop which runs a Core2 Duo 1.8ghz CPU and Geforce Go 7600. I just worked out that the laptop is seven and a half years old.
The Java used to be a real resource hog on 1.7.9 Minecraft, but seems much better on 1.7.10 (not tried 1.8).
Yeah kinda annoyed me too. I looked it up. A v4 PCIe lane is roughly 16Gbit/s. A 16 lane connection would be 256Gbit/s (or 32GB/s... nice).
Thirded! This is precisely what I use.
An HP microserver works out cheaper and more powerful than any NAS devices, plus you get the benefit of flexibility due to it being a server.
I run Windows 8 with its built in software RAID. XBMC on that, plus a TeamSpeak server, plus a Torrent client fed by Google drive, and even a Minecraft server.
Try and find one with a cashback offer from HP, then bung a Radeon HD5450 low profile in there and you are good to go.
Dan, I also use GDrive, and some of the missing functionality you mentioned is already there.
1. Selective syncing: There is a selective sync option in the GDrive preferences. You just tick the folders you want to get backed up. I suppose if you want only certain file types then you would be out of luck, so I agree they could do with adding more functionality here.
2. File deltas (Versioning): While there is no versioning on the Google Drive folder on the PC, you can go onto the Google Drive Web folder and right-click any file and choose 'manage revisions', then you can download or restore older versions of the file. Saved my ass the other day!
3. Full system backup: This ones a bit trickier, but on my system I just move a folder to my Google Drive and create a hard link in Windows from the original location using the 'mklink' command. The only downside is if you have a small hard drive (SSD perhaps) and you want to backup files from a large secondary partition, you can't really do it, as the files have to physically exist in the Google Drive folder.
@Mark 65: Cheers mate. I really should know better than feeding the troll. But sometimes I just can't help it.
""Nice straw man argument Matt...." So nice I see you just can't counter it? At what point do we decide saving a life is "too expensive", either medically or security-wise? Oh, sorry, you probably didn't want me to raise that point seeing as it tramples all over the moronic arguments of you sheeple."
- Why would I bother trying to counter an invalid argument, other than pointing out that it is invalid. Not sure why you feel the need for name calling : (
""....medical research and mass snooping by the government are not the same thing...." Even a broken clock is right at least twice a day, now all you have to do is be right about one more thing and you'll prove it. Sorry, but, going on your post, I rate your chances as close to zero."
- I honestly have no idea what you are trying to communicate with your response?!?
"".....Could you please cite your sources that show how many lives have been saved by said surveillance intelligence?...." How's this for a simple comparison - the number of people killed by terrorists in the US and UK yesterday is zero, compared to the five people killed by Islamist terrorists (that would dearly love to kill Yanks and Brits) in Iraq alone. BTW, three of those five were videoed being beheaded by their AQ murderers. Now, YOU stop bleating for a minute and try and answer one simple question - if the security services aren't doing anything useful, why is AQ unable to mount attacks other than by lone-wolf nutjobs in the US or UK? Do you think they've changed their minds?"
- So basically, you believe that without mass state sponsored surveillance on it's citizens, the country would basically be overrun by sadistic religious nut-jobs. Yet your only evidence is to cite the number of "terrorist" killings in Iraq, a country still in the midst of a tribal/religious war? Please tell me more!!
"Don't worry, the rest of us will give you a nice long pause to think about it seeing as thinking for yourself is obviously such a taxing and unfamilar task to you."
- Actually the math is not that hard. If someone could prove to me with credible verifiable data that mass surveillance is value for money, and really saves a ton of lives, then I'd be all for it. Feel free to post those stats and make me a changed man.
Nice straw man argument Matt, but medical research and mass snooping by the government are not the same thing.
Could you please cite your sources that show how many lives have been saved by said surveillance intelligence? The US government has already admitted the intelligence they gather has been next to useless at actually stopping any attacks on their home soil.
Precisely. That was impression I got from the video too. As a seasoned CAD user also, the input method shown seems to be 'ok' for spinning around a 3d object, but inherently useless for actually designing said 3d object.
Maybe they will post another video of this software at some point that shows them actually drawing something, but until then I call bullshit.
David Cameron has anything to do with it!
Nope, sorry Mark, but there is a psychological phenomenon called Pareidolia.
So basically you are seeing what you want to see, much like when I look up at a cloud and see a dragon.
As far as I could see, all the images you cited on Facebook were just rocks, and in some cases jpeg artifacts.
5G? What a load of tosh. 802.11ac is the 27th revision of the standard.
The only way you could call it 5th Gen is if you go a-Gen1, b-Gen2, g-Gen3, n-Gen4, ac-Gen5, then ad-Gen6 (WiGig).
As the comments above seem to indicate, calling it 5G, makes the commentards think it has something to do with mobile phones.
I'm astonished this even made it to an article on the reg. That chassis in the first image is obviously being held sideways, yet they have shopped the apple logo and dock connection as if the displayed edge was the bottom.
Try harder next time: 3/10
"The box only holds 3TB - USB sticks will hold more and you can carry them in your pocket." - Awsome, can you point me in the direction of these 3TB+ USB sticks?