1 post • joined 27 Jun 2007
Someone told me the other day that many office blocks leave their lights on deliberately, under instruction from the power providers.
With the peak/offpeak power consumption differences I believe there are problems dealing with a sudden massive change in power demand (5:30pm, computers off, lights off, for huge skyscrapers?).
I'm not sure how true this is, but it makes a sort of perverted sense.
- Vid Hubble 'scope snaps 200,000-ton chunky crumble conundrum
- Updated + vids WHOA: Get a load of Asteroid DX110 JUST MISSING planet EARTH
- 10 years of Facebook Inside Facebook's engineering labs: Hardware heaven, HP hell – PICTURES
- Very fabric of space-time RIPPED apart in latest Hubble pic
- Massive new AIRSHIP to enter commercial service at British dirigible base