1 post • joined 27 Jun 2007
Someone told me the other day that many office blocks leave their lights on deliberately, under instruction from the power providers.
With the peak/offpeak power consumption differences I believe there are problems dealing with a sudden massive change in power demand (5:30pm, computers off, lights off, for huge skyscrapers?).
I'm not sure how true this is, but it makes a sort of perverted sense.
- YARR! Pirates walk the plank: DMCA magnets sink in Google results
- Pics Whisper tracks its users. So we tracked down its LA office. This is what happened next
- OnePlus One cut-price Android phone on sale to all... for 1 HOUR
- UNIX greybeards threaten Debian fork over systemd plan
- MARS NEEDS WOMEN, claims NASA lady: They eat less