2 posts • joined 22 Aug 2012
High availability? really?
On the other hand, Nirvanix has 11 storage nodes, all within a global file sytem. Nirvanix keeps a 100% copy of a it storage Node syncornized with its closeset neighbor. In the event of a regional disaster (fire, flood, earthquake) that copy can be brought "on line in" minutes. Customers also have the option to keep another 100% copy of their data at any other Nirvanix Node for pennies more a GB , for even" higher" +five 9's availability/ plus the added functionality of having your data alive (read/writable) half way around the worrld!!!!
Now that High availability!!! single data center that so.... 2009
Playing catch up
Pretty much like what Nirvanix is doing today, battle tested and proven... Amazon's pie in the sky, skip the hype and go with tangible results...
- Asteroids as powerful as NUCLEAR BOMBS strike Earth TWICE YEARLY
- Got Windows 8.1 Update yet? Get ready for YET ANOTHER ONE – rumor
- Patch iOS, OS X now: PDFs, JPEGs, URLs, web pages can pwn your kit
- Sony Xperia Z2: 4K vid, great audio, waterproof ... Oh, and you can make a phone call
- Pic Tooled-up Ryobi girl takes nine-inch grinder to Asus beach babe