2 posts • joined 22 Aug 2012
High availability? really?
On the other hand, Nirvanix has 11 storage nodes, all within a global file sytem. Nirvanix keeps a 100% copy of a it storage Node syncornized with its closeset neighbor. In the event of a regional disaster (fire, flood, earthquake) that copy can be brought "on line in" minutes. Customers also have the option to keep another 100% copy of their data at any other Nirvanix Node for pennies more a GB , for even" higher" +five 9's availability/ plus the added functionality of having your data alive (read/writable) half way around the worrld!!!!
Now that High availability!!! single data center that so.... 2009
Playing catch up
Pretty much like what Nirvanix is doing today, battle tested and proven... Amazon's pie in the sky, skip the hype and go with tangible results...
- Boffins attempt to prove the UNIVERSE IS JUST A HOLOGRAM
- China building SUPERSONIC SUBMARINE that travels in a BUBBLE
- Review Raspberry Pi B+: PHWOAR, get a load of those pins
- Review Reg man looks through a Glass, darkly: Google's toy ploy or killer tech specs?
- MEN WANTED to satisfy town full of yearning BRAZILIAN HOTNESS