1 post • joined 18 Aug 2012
Re: Ageism much?
Did you read this article or just the title? It clearly states that there are elderly people who are comfortable with smartphones, just not the majority.
My own father just got a smartphone for his 76th birthday and he is quite happy with it.
I am in my mid 50s and always found "feature phones" totally confusing to use, the menu structure was always different on differing makes and I never got the hang of texting. At least I can pick up any android phone and have a good idea where to find all the settings, apps etc. and can text on a full keyboard.
Sent from my Sony Tablet S, one of the best android tablets (of it's time)
Sherlock, because he looked before commenting.
- Apple stuns world with rare SEVEN-way split: What does that mean?
- Special report Reg probe bombshell: How we HACKED mobile voicemail without a PIN
- RIP net neutrality? FCC boss mulls 'two-speed internet'
- Sony Xperia Z2: 4K vid, great audio, waterproof ... Oh, and you can make a phone call
- Pic Tooled-up Ryobi girl takes nine-inch grinder to Asus beach babe