1 post • joined 18 Aug 2012
Re: Ageism much?
Did you read this article or just the title? It clearly states that there are elderly people who are comfortable with smartphones, just not the majority.
My own father just got a smartphone for his 76th birthday and he is quite happy with it.
I am in my mid 50s and always found "feature phones" totally confusing to use, the menu structure was always different on differing makes and I never got the hang of texting. At least I can pick up any android phone and have a good idea where to find all the settings, apps etc. and can text on a full keyboard.
Sent from my Sony Tablet S, one of the best android tablets (of it's time)
Sherlock, because he looked before commenting.
- Mounties always get their man: Heartbleed 'hacker', 19, CUFFED
- Batten down the hatches, Ubuntu 14.04 LTS due in TWO DAYS
- Samsung Galaxy S5 fingerprint scanner hacked in just 4 DAYS
- Feast your PUNY eyes on highest resolution phone display EVER
- AMD demos 'Berlin' Opteron, world's first heterogeneous system architecture server chip